1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

hydroseeding

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SWR11, Mar 4, 2003.

1. SWR11

SWR11 LawnSite Member

Hey Guys,

How much is this worth?
    A 1988 Bowie Hydro mulcher that is in excellent condition with a brand new paint job. It is a 800 gallon machine w/a 100 gallon flush system,rebuilt pump, gear pump, electric hose wind up, top cannon, and powered by a 4cyl winsconsin engine. It only has two thousand hours. Thanks for your input.

:dizzy:

2. sbecker25

sbecker25 LawnSite Member
    from 58504

skid, trailer or goosneck??

3. SWR11

SWR11 LawnSite Member

Tandem Axle Trailer with pindle hitch.
    Does anyone have a value for this machine??

Thanks

:confused:

4. ARE YOU LQQKING TO BUY OR SELL IT.

It is work probobly 2,000-5,000

I would pay 2,000 for it aroun January 2004.

Otherwise I will be buying a Turbo Turf Hydroseeder.
    100 gal $2,000 1,300 sq. ft coverage.

Will have to refill 3+ times each job
    but will do

Hopefully will pay for the unit the first yr.

5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

we have this machine, older 1976 model. I paid $1000 for mine and paid another 1500 or so to rebuild the engine, carburator, pump, replace the top and chains. it gets a rhino liner next job, hose reel and clean out tank job after that. mine has no turret, I'd say yours is worth 3-8000, depending on rust, tires, inside of tank, etc. I have seen several in the equipment trailer, a magazine with photo ads sometimes sold near the truck trader or auto trader magazines. they average 4-8000. good luck.

you should also know that the Victor 800 actually has a capacity of 950 gallons.

Dave g

6. Sean Gassman

Sean Gassman LawnSite Member

I agree with David. Depending on the rust and if it was sandblasted before the painting I would guess around here you would get about $7K-$9K .

7. SWR11

SWR11 LawnSite Member

thanks guys for your input

It has no rust on the outside, but there is a little spot 1" that need to be looked at. It still has the factory coating inside.

Hey Dave what's a turret

Thanks again

8. Sean Gassman

Sean Gassman LawnSite Member

Are you trying to sale this machine or buy?

Also, a turret is the gun on the top that allows you to spray standing on the machine.

9. SWR11

SWR11 LawnSite Member

Hey Sean

It does have a turret gun on the deck. I am pondering selling the machine. I was thinking on purchasing a turbo jet machine. Alot less maintance.

:dizzy:

What do you think Guys
    It takes quite abit of square feet to fire up my machine

Thanks again