1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hypro D30 vs. D403

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by whoopassonthebluegrass, Mar 3, 2009.

1. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Your will be happy when you make all these upgrades. Less downtime, a smoother running pump, and a clean Nozzle LOL.

Pete

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we use the d30 and they have been great, i owuld not know another but i iknwo this one is great

3. heritage

The 3/8 is the Bypass hose from the pump. They plumbed it into the 1" Suction line......There lies the problem.

So the 1" Suction line will remain 1".

The 3/8 Bypass line will get it's own dedicated Bulkhead (new you will add) and you will plug the end where the 3/8 hose was plumbed into the 1" manifold/Hose.

The 1/2" yellow spray hose that runs from your pump, to the top bulkhead, to the agitation tube will remain.

So now you will have a Dedicated 1" Suction line......A dedicated "Pump Bypass" line......And a Pressure Agitation Line.

The way it should have come from the factory :)

Pete

4. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I keep thinking that the strainer I have is a 40 mesh. I'll get it back out of the barn tomorrow and take pix of it...

As for the after-the-pump strainer: what unit is that? Do you have a picture of how it hooks in, or a link? And how often do you have to clean it out?

Thanks (again).

5. heritage

I clean out at the end of a week of spraying turf but never clogged yet.

Here are some links:

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?pg=364 Get the 1/2" Bulkhead assm.

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?pg=783 Get 5 feet of 3/8" clear Braided.

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?pg=286 Get Hose Barb Male Elbow 1/2"X3/8" EL1238PP

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?pg=463 Get the 122 Line strainer 1/2" and ask in the notes section for a 50 or 80 Mesh filter. Order 2 extra bowl gaskest as well. Lighty grease gasket when you remove bowl, and it wont dislodge from the grove and get pinched/leak. Another trick.

The 1/2" nylon plug to put in, where you remove the 3/8" hose barb with
    1/2" threads at the manifold can be bought at a hardware store....PVC Nylon and teflon tape so no leaks......Key as this is a Suction Line.

Keep us posted.

Pete

6. robert@rittenhouse

robert@rittenhouse LawnSite Member

Yes, its the exact same gearbox. The D403GRGI uses a gearbox with part number 9910-KIT1640. That is the normal gearbox used on a D30.

The KIT1640 requires an engine shaft that is a staight 3/4" shaft with a keyway. On the pump side it needs the standard Hypro flange with the 3 bolt holes. This is the flange found on the D30, D50, the D403 and a few more Hypro diaphragm pumps.

Hope that clears it up. We have plenty of inventory.

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

Thanks again. Here's another question: would my D403 regulator fit onto the D30?

8. robert@rittenhouse

robert@rittenhouse LawnSite Member

No, the D403 regulator (part # 9910-GR40) is slightly different than the D30 regulator (part# 9910-GS40GI) and will not easily fit onto the D403. I think the bolt holes line up, but I seem to remember that the bottom of the GS40 overlaps with the head of the pump.

So unfortunately the 9910-GS40GI is needed to switch over your sprayer.

9. whoopassonthebluegrass

Being a cheap bugger, is it possible for me to construct an adapter to make it fit?

10. whoopassonthebluegrass