1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hyvar question (sterilizer)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by OKIE LAWNS, Apr 25, 2012.

1. OKIE LAWNS

OKIE LAWNS LawnSite Member

I am sterilizing a fence line that has some small saplings growing around it. There is not around anything i am afraid to kill.
    My tank still has some 24d, & pre-emergent (surflan) in the tank from previous jobs (30 gallons or so), i cannot find any information if i can mix with Hyvar for this sterilization job, since my tank is not empty. Does anybody see any issues with this mixture.

label
    http://www2.dupont.com/Production_Agriculture/en_US/label_msds_info/labels/SL-1531.pdf

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Since you have saplings around that fence, the 2,4-D is not a bad thing. When doing bare ground vegetation control, think about elimination of preexisting growth. Hyvar will do it, but over several months. I say, go ahead. No problems with the Suflan either. That is a good product for long term suppression of grassy weeds in bare ground areas. You are also not in violation of any labels for applying such a mix in a bare ground area.

3. OKIE LAWNS

OKIE LAWNS LawnSite Member

thats what i was looking for, thanks a bunch!