I am taking Ohio Applicators test on Monday! Help

intrigue12

LawnSite Member
Hello, I am taking the Ohio Applicator test on Monday 2-6-12. I have alot of material I recieved from the state. I am curious if anyone knows some things that ARE going to be on test I should know. I have been studying but just want to be more effiecent. I need to pass the first time.

I am taking the core and turf with ornamental weeds and pest sections. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!!

Landgreen

LawnSite Senior Member
Please don't take this the wrong way but you are not studying to pass a test. You need to study so you know what you will be doing as a certified applicator. If you know your stuff then the test will be a piece of cake.

If it is anything like the MI test then its not that hard. Multiple choice. Good luck!

KS_Grasscutter

LawnSite Gold Member
I took the Kansas test in the middle of last month, passed the first time. I was quite confident about the general test, it was mostly common sense stuff. The 3B (turf pest control) test was a little more difficult. What I thought was hardest was identifying the minute differences between damage from various fungus and insects/grubs. I would suggest making flash cards (I know, sounds grade school-ish but I'm serious) to help teach yourself all the symptoms, damage, etc, know it in and out.

Also, be sure to know how to use a label, where to find things, etc. There were a few questions on the Kansas test about labels, and some questions answering questions from 2 or 3 different labels. To me this is the easiest part because the information was provided, it was simply a matter of finding it.

mulchmaster

LawnSite Member
Hello, I am taking the Ohio Applicator test on Monday 2-6-12. I have alot of material I recieved from the state. I am curious if anyone knows some things that ARE going to be on test I should know. I have been studying but just want to be more effiecent. I need to pass the first time.

I am taking the core and turf with ornamental weeds and pest sections. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!!
Good Luck! I want to take mine sometime this year.

gebby

LawnSite Senior Member
I haven't been on here for a while. I took mine last year and passed all the first time. Hope you did well. It was a challege but, I'm glad I did it. Hope all goes well for you !!

dgw

LawnSite Bronze Member
on the core, you can expect about 1/3 of the answers to be

the label