1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

i, bobby g, have been FIRED!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 13, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

HA HA HA. i love it, i've been on bad terms with this MAJOR PITA lady. finally, she calls, "your services will no longer be needed." i had a party i was so happy. a couple weeks later, i drove by, and the new guy cut her green, beautiful, lush lawn down to about 2". i think he applied nitrogen too, cus there was fungus everywhere. i applied major n in the fall and early winter, to avoid applying any this spring or summer. with the heat and drought conditions, her lawn should be 100% straw by july 1st. she will be scratching on my door by augest 1st, my only decision is, do i throw her off my property, or raise the rate to TRIPPLE WHAT IT used to be? i love it, i love it, i love it

2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

tripple the rate if she wants ya that bad IF she comes back bobby

3. JOEWOOD

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

[​IMG]

to me Bobby, otherwise you would not have deliberately driven by your X-Clients house out of Nosey-ness & Insecurity!

Joe... :rolleyes:

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

thanx joe, i service many of her neighbors, i can't help but glance over

5. SoloMow

SoloMow LawnSite Member

Remember, Bobby, you can't be fired because you don't work for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :realmad: Just busting your NJ ball bearings! :D

6. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

It must be nice to have fescue lawns where things can go south in a hurry. With bermuda lawns, it takes a long time for a really bad lawn to get into good shape and it takes a long time for a really good lawn to get into bad shape. Cut it too low, oh well. No big deal. It's yellow for a day or two. Forget to water it for a month or two? No big deal. Hit with the sprinklers and a little nitrogen...it'll be back to normal a week later.

You can't really hurt bermuda.

Stripe kit???? Huh??? What's that????

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

7. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

Congradulations,I had a PITA drop me a couple of weeks ago,she was one of these that had a "friend" who knew everything about lawn care,everytime i did something at her house her "friend " would have done it another way.I was considering dropping her so she actually did me a favor,I was having a hard time with the decision because she was under contract and i was afraid to drop her because of it.Anyway sounds like this one did you a favor also!!!