I can be found on google.

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Jasburrito, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Jasburrito

Jasburrito LawnSite Member

I started a free website through wix. I think I upgraded for $20.00 or so. Plus $11 month for domain. I followed all there instructions. Now when i search it shows up right on top. It did take a couple weeks to get in google algorithm. I am happy. Hope this info helps others. Never again am i paying yellow book and such.

hort101 and Ben Bowen like this.
  2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

This is not new information
    I haven’t paid yellow page ads since 2002

Glad you found it out on your own

3. AlohaMowing

AlohaMowing LawnSite Member

Free. Ah, except for that $20 plus $11/month. That makes "free" more expensive that what I pay for my site and hosting through ultrawebhosting.

4. OP
    OP
    Jasburrito

Jasburrito LawnSite Member

I am paying the 11.00 a month for domain and hosting. I just compare my advertising budget to a smokers 7.00 a day habit. I can always justify spending money on advertising. Thanks.

hort101 and tonygreek like this.
  5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Platinum Member

It's not hard to understand what he wrote. He started with a free version of Wix and then upgraded to paid. To force a comparison to what you pay for your discount web host makes no sense. Apples and oranges.

Side note to all: Research Wix here and on the interwebs before going down that road. Squarespace, for example, is a far better alternative.

EverGrow Marketing and hort101 like this.
  6. EverGrow Marketing

EverGrow Marketing Sponsor

Exactly. I always recommend SquareSpace as an alternative for a DIY first-timer. It isn't just load times with Wix either. It's also got a slew of other issues such as responsiveness (mobile compatibility) with its elements.

Also, third party crawlers have a really hard time picking up useful information and links on Wix' platform. So if you or a marketer uses a program to "monitor" your site's SEO health, being on Wix won't help.