• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

I can't find a job anywhere.

DirtMerchant

LawnSite Senior Member
I've even resorted to looking for labor positions on the end of a shovel and can't find anything.

I've got 7 years equipment experience under my belt, all sorts of construction from landscape to framing, I can weld, have my first aid certificates, WHMIS, and diesel mechanics knowledge, clean drivers abstract, no drinking/drug issues.. Can't find a job anywhere.

I live in Vancouver, BC. Am I the only one who can't find work?

I'd be willing to work for cheap, I just want something to do

OP
DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant

LawnSite Senior Member
Have you looked into going North, I read about a truck driving position with TECK Cominco, but it was up there somewhere.
What about with CP Rail?
Only have a class five. This year my goal is to get my class 1. I figure once I have that, I'll be FAR more employable. I'd be open to going up north, unfortunately it's tough to find jobs, and I don't exactly have a ton of money in savings to pay for a move up north.

CP rail isn't hiring last time i checked.

P.Services

LawnSite Fanatic
i think gravel rat is hiring?

and ron nice video!!! that is a home depot rental machine. i ran one one time for about 5 seconds then put it back up on the trailer. the thing was so jumpy you couldnt get anything done with it.

Gravel Rat

LawnSite Fanatic
Hey don't give up hope yet wait till late march early april things might start picking up a little bit. I don't think people were doing much of anything for the month of February because of the olympics.

There are excavation contractors where I'am that are almost in tears because they are barely making it. Something has to happen in this economy or many contractors will just have to give up they can't continue anymore. You can see the stress in some of these guys they look like sh*t and I'am not kidding about the crying. I think its only sheer will power keeping these guys from giving it all up and claiming bankruptsy.

For us BC'ers have to see what happens maybe the Olympics will spur more tourism and get some money floating around.