I can't find this doing a search cause i don't know what's it's called?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by KathysLGC, Apr 11, 2005.

  1. KathysLGC

    KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,345

    I'm looking for those plastic squares you put on the grass (permanent) that has smaller open squares in it to allow grass to grow through it. I think they are 2'x2'. You put them down and grass grows over them and you don't know they're there. The purpose is to keep the lawn from getting damaged from parking, etc.

    I have a strip along side my driveway that we park on and when it rains it gets muddy and we tear up the grass on this side. We have one of those long drive ways and we have 4 SUV's, 1 pick-up + 1 trailer.

    I was thinking of making the drive way wider but I will be lining each end with Belgium block and we like the look of the grass on both ends. If any one knows what they are called you can just give me the proper name and I'll do a search.
  2. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

    MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 840

    Not sure what the plastic things are called, but it would be considered softscaping. You can do a search on this and they might come up.
  3. Petr51488

    Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ
    Messages: 2,377

    I think your looking for the thing called Zoysia Plugs. Something like that. Their plugs that you put in your lawn that gives you sod results. - Peter
  4. KathysLGC

    KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,345

    No these are like 2'x2' plastic squares within the 2'x2' square there are something like 2"x2" cut outs. You put them in the ground level to the dirt and the existing grass grows through them. Since you level them you could walk on the grass and not even realize they are there. You could drive over them while it's raining and you won't do any damage to the turf. I've seem commercials for them and I think i've even seen them in an old Turf mag ad but now can't find them.
  5. Mowmoregrass

    Mowmoregrass LawnSite Member
    Messages: 55

    EP Henery makes a paver called eco paver similar to what you are looking for.
  6. genoaustin

    genoaustin LawnSite Member
    Messages: 33

  7. Eddie B

    Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone
    Messages: 859

    kinda like this? These are called versa-mats and measure 1'x1'
  8. morturf

    morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest
    Messages: 476

  9. Itsgottobegreen

    Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,177

    I think I am going to order some of that stuff that morturf showed. That stuff is sweet. That would be good for parking the trailer on instead of the driveway.
  10. sildoc

    sildoc LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,925

    What does that stuff run per sqft? Probably pretty spendy..

Share This Page