I-Core 42 zone WiFi conversion

Shindaiwa_operator

LawnSite Member
We installed an I-Core 42 zone about 6 years ago for a wealthy farmer with a large yard. About 135,000ft irrigated with several drip zones etc. Now she wants it all to be on WiFi like her little Pro HC 12 zone at her business. What is the best and easiest way to convert the I-Core to WiFi? It is outdoor on a steel pedestal. Money is not an issue.

Sunset

LawnSite Member
Centralus- acc2 and icc2
Hydrawise- Hcc

Icc2 and hcc are limited to 2 stations running at the same time. This could cause an issue with your watering window with for 42 stations.

For 2wire hcc and icc2 decoders are half the cost of a traditional 2wire but maximum wire run is less.

If you need flow sensors, wifi card, or running 3 or more zones at once then the acc2 with centralus is the ticket.

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
Also I’ll share a fun fact a client informed my account receivable person yesterday... you can buy a pro hcc on amazon cheaper now than what I can get them at Ewing. Who knew! I think the supply house model may be coming to an end soon.

OP
Shindaiwa_operator

Shindaiwa_operator

LawnSite Member
Since we install Hunter controller and have our Hydrawise account, I believe we’ll go with the Pro hcc. I have seen guys put either a module or different face in the standard Pro C controllers and it converts it to WiFi. But so far I haven’t found anything like that for our big I-core...

MnLefty

LawnSite Senior Member
Hunter did a great job with the HCC Hydrawise face panel to retrofit ICC/ICC2 controllers, and the same with the Pro-C. Not sure why they didn't do the same for the I-Core, unless they know it's the turd many think it is and don't want to mess with it. I have a few 2-wire I-Cores I'd like to get on Hydrawise, but not at the expense of all new EZ-Decoders.