1. Countdown to live Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

I Could Use Some Help For A Change ?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Restrorob, May 11, 2008.

1. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Hey everyone,

Got a little project going on and am in need of someone with a junk/tore down for repair Kawi FC290V through FC540V engine.

If at all possible I need a outside diameter measurement (micrometer/dial caliper) on the intake valve guide under the valve spring.

Kawi tech support couldn't tell me anything.....

Thanks

2. action13

action13 LawnSite Member

Wish I could help you. All I have in the shop right now is a FH601V....With a surging low idle problem......

3. FIXDISS

FIXDISS LawnSite Senior Member

All Ihave found so far is part #'s with no specs although the part #'s did have a four digit notation on them, ie: 49002-2076 and 49002a-2101. Does that mean anything to ya my freind ?

4. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

All I have at home is an FB460V and a FH series. Both are intact and runnable. I'll check the shop in the morning as, IIRC, there is a Kawi torn down there.

5. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry,:( the Kawi was FH series.

6. Restrorob

Thanks to everyone who checked into this for me.... [​IMG]

Cya

7. mowermankevin

mowermankevin LawnSite Senior Member

Have you found the diameter yet? Got me curious so I pulled out the service manual and all it lists is the inside diameter, no outside.

8. Restrorob

Naaa mowerman,
    I got the inside from the manual which is the right size just need the O.D. to cinch it. I hate to order one in @ around 25 bux to find it non usable.

Thanks for looking !

Cya

9. mowermankevin

mowermankevin LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Restro, Any luck yet on O.D. ? Just curious, whadda think about the post on Kawa block rebushings? Hope he is on, sure would put a hurt on new engine sales if all it took was a bushing. Busy here, gotta go, C'ya