I got a visit from Homeland Security’s ICE

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Mar 23, 2018.

1. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Silver Member

Our tough immigration policy at its finest

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Nice spin dude. Nice spin.

He didn’t “side with” the mayor. He simply wanted false statements retracted. It’s called integrity. Transparency.

3. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Silver Member

If any politician undermines an agency operation it should be made known. correct? And I also think regardless of the embellished numbers it would be obvious some escaped.

RussellB likes this.
  4. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

And they’re only embellished because the mayor leaked info prior to the raid. She was dead wrong and so is the spokesperson.

5. DVS Hardscaper

Dead wrong about what?

6. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Jersey

And now we have a caravan coming that will need free medical care, free food, free education and whatever they want. But some look at this as cheap labor. And when they start working here, they send most of the money back home to relatives, whose eyes light up thinking that every day here is just like Christmas.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  7. oqueoque

Male, from Jersey

What happens when company owners at their place of business show I-9's to Homeland Security? Then later when Homeland Security shows up at their jobsites, and finds that there are people working, that do not have the necessary documentation to be working here? Sounds like Big Time Trouble$$$$ to me.

Just because an owner can show some I-9's does not put their investigation to rest. Something tells me that trying to deceive ICE creates some major problems.

8. oqueoque

Male, from Jersey

Sub out the wall to them. They build nice walls.

RussellB and AI Inc like this.
  9. oqueoque

Male, from Jersey

And then you have guys posting on here, wondering why they are paying $25,000 in taxes when they made $75,000 in income.

And after paying $25,000 in taxes and netting $50,000, you get squat to help you pay for health insurance, that others have partially subsidized or get for free. At least now there is no penalty for not subsidizing others health care, and healthy people are not forced to pay for insurance companie's marble lobbies & a cardiologist new Porsche.

At some point this has to stop, or be prepared to live here like it is just another 3rd world country. Hopefully ICE can help us turn this around.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    AI Inc likes this.
  10. DVS Hardscaper

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    oqueoque likes this.