I got Questions

outrunjason

LawnSite Senior Member
I have questions. All kinds so I am just creating another post.

CHEMICALS: CELSIUS, REVOLVER, QUALI PRO 3-D, ATRAZINE.

TURF: ST.AUGUSTINE AND BERMUDA.

PROBLEM: GRASSY WEEDS NOW MORE OF A PROBLEM THAN BROADLEAF

So, what do I use in what lawn. Those are the chemicals that I have is there something that I should ad?

St. Augustine with grassy weeds: Treatment: Revolver, Celsius, Atrazine or other? Backpack it or tank?

Bermuda with grassy weeds: Revolver, Celsius, Prodamine or Other? Backpack or tank?

Thanks guys. Trying to make my customers happy!

Turf Dawg

LawnSite Gold Member
What grassy weeds are you having problems with? Poa or Rescue should be about all there is now. Revolver is about the best for Bermuda on cool season grasses. Celcius is good and can be used on St Augustine. I personally like Celcius with MSO because it can be used on my mixed lawns and it will get all broadleaves and will help the Poa and Rescuegrass transistion faster.

Turf Logic

LawnSite Member
if you have dallasgrass use the celcius at the max rate.

greendoctor

LawnSite Fanatic
Seedling johnson grass can be killed with what is in your arsenal. However, problems can be caused by shortfalls in application practices. With Celsius and Revolver, they will hurt quite a few weeds that I used to have to fry with MSMA or paint RoundUp on. However, I am applying through fan nozzles set to apply 40 gallons of solution per acre and the solution is 1/2-1% MSO. Regular surfactants or "spreader stickers" do not work the same. The much hyped silicone surfactants also do not work the same as MSO either. Revolver + Celsius or Revolver + Image 70DG are what I use for grassy weeds. As TurfDawg said, Revolver can go over st augustine to control weeds. Do not get this near bahia or centipede. Another highly selective option for johnson grass is Certainty. 1.25 oz per acre. May be repeated in 30 days. All warm season turfgrasses tolerate this very well.

OP
outrunjason

outrunjason

LawnSite Senior Member
I have 25 lawns to treat this week. Some St. Aug some Bermuda. Nothing else.

So in my 200 gallon tank I am going to mix about 100 gallons. With these?

Revolver + Celsius + Three Way + Spreader Sticker or MSO ?

I want to do just one treatment and it take care of 90% of the weeds, grassy and broadleaf.

greendoctor

LawnSite Fanatic
No need for the Three Way. You do need the MSO + Revolver and Celsius. You also need a fan tip wand that will put down 40 gallons per acre or a boom for the sprayer. I have been told that Celsius does not work well sprayed through Chemlawn guns.

OP
outrunjason

outrunjason

LawnSite Senior Member
No need for the Three Way. You do need the MSO + Revolver and Celsius. You also need a fan tip wand that will put down 40 gallons per acre or a boom for the sprayer. I have been told that Celsius does not work well sprayed through Chemlawn guns.
Never heard of a fan tip before but I know you have talked about it in some of your other post. Does it give more of a finer mist? I use 3way just because a lot of new customers are signing up and they have broadleaf weeds to. It is ok to mix all 3 correct or is the celsius and the revolver together over doing it?

Do you know what the cost per thousand comes out to be per each product?

greendoctor

LawnSite Fanatic
Yes, it is finer droplets. However those droplets are highly directed. It is like painting a product onto a lawn rather than randomly splashing it on. Fan tips are what golf courses, sod farms and agricultural operations use. I want you to look at using what are sold as Teejet AI nozzles. Those are air inducted fan nozzles that come in several sizes. At a reasonable walking speed, an AI 11004VS will apply about 1 gallon per 1000 when operated at 40 PSI and held 16" above the ground. The cost per 1000 at agency pricing for the Revolver and Celsius comes out to around $4. I know this is way over what Three Way amine costs. You mentioned having problems with grassy weeds. Three Way does nothing to grassy weeds and I have had very poor results with Three Way even though I put down a precision application. I would rather spend the money and produce better results. Things are different when you become known as the lawn professional that kills weeds others have not killed.

Turf Dawg

LawnSite Gold Member
Jason,
Right now for all the new people that are calling late I am only using Celcius with MSO. The reson I am doing this is because Celcius will kill all the broadleaf weeds that the three way will plus many more and since it is late with warmer temps it will really affect Poa, Rye and many other cool season grassy weeds plus even if you do have some Johnson grass already it will be so young that the Celcius will take it out. I am using the med rate of .085 per K. I will also state that on my overseeded properties and the ones with Fescue I tried Strike 3 this year and am highly disipointed with it and will be going back to Speedzone Southern this fall and next spring on these types.