• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

I guess I wont be starting this year after all

Blade1963

LawnSite Member
Hey guys. I just got my business cards in the mail today. They look pretty good. I was very excited to get started as soon as they arrived. However, I don't think I should start this year after all. I am renting a house ans just found out the house is going into foreclosure. I am not sure how long I/we have here before we get the boot. I guess I could just move down the road but I am concerned the same thing may happen again. So now I think we might be moving cross country. Back to family.
One day I will catch a break. Its just not today.
So good luck to all. I will be back trying again next year or maybe even later this summer.

Keep up the good work.

David:usflag:

kylecal91

LawnSite Member

shepoutside

LawnSite Bronze Member
if you think you might stay in the area, rent a mailbox, for the business address. Then you can move all you want, but your address will remain the same.

OP
B

Blade1963

LawnSite Member
Thanks guys. I needed all of your support. It may be April when we move, so it would nice to get started right away. But it could be summer also. So I guess what I am asking is, when is it too late in the year to start?

Green Feet Lawn

LawnSite Member
Where are you moving to? Do you know people in the area already? Figure your target area and start designing flyers. Maybe a small ad in a local paper. Research the state business requirements and make sure you get new plates for your truck right away. People will notice out of state plates and will be hesitant to do business with you.

hackitdown

LawnSite Gold Member
I don't get it. What does moving to a new rental have to do with starting your business? Why do you need to move across the country?