1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

I guess yesterday was my turn...

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by WayneJessie, Nov 18, 2014.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Conscience, that's funny...meth has its own personal way of erasing thoughts a conscience needs to function, and this is for the fact the thief probably can't remember where he stole the blower. Drugs drive this business of stealing, and when drugs rule; people could care less if they steal from you, me, their mother, father, or the best friend they've had in life.

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I'm with puppypaws on this one. Local police chief says 98% of crime is drug related. People that habitually steal stuff consider it their "job." Their consciences have long since become calloused to what is right or wrong.

Walker56 likes this.
  3. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

That's just asking for trouble, get you a rack ASAP. Much cheaper than having to replace a high dollar blower.

Any new developments Wayne? What part of Central NC are you in?

4. OP
    OP
    WayneJessie

WayneJessie LawnSite Member

Well, the Sheriff's office called a day or two ago and said if I had any questions feel free to call but don't expect to see the blower again. NEXT day Fox 8 runs a story on a huge theft ring that was busted here in Randolph County. It was being operated by illegal Mexicans(the same ones Osama just made legal with benefits). The ones they managed to catch had already been shipped back before. These guys aren't small time. They had a warehouse full of stuff waiting to be sold/fenced. It may not have been Mexicans that took my blower. We've got plenty of white trash here in Randolph County as well.
    My local Maruyama dealer said I was the 5th customer that week that was replacing a stolen backpack. Doesn't sound random to me. Anyway, it could not have happened at a worse time from all aspects but at least I didn't have everything stolen like some guys on here have. The bottom line is that we now live in a country where 50% of the population feels it's their right to steal from the other 50% that is working for a living.

5. puppypaws

To get the numbers correct, the last I saw there was 48% of the people in this country working their butts off to keep the entitlements flowing to provide for the remaining 52%. This fact, and being Christmas will bring about an escalation in stealing, got to have money to buy the kids presents. This has become an ugly situation for all working class people, and as population increases it will only get worse. Not only will the stealing become worse, so will the chance of you being hurt or killed if in the wrong place at the right time.

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Missing the blower would kinda suck. The fact that someone came on my preoperty and stole something that I worked hard for would set me right off. Talk about being violated!

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

When the gvmt has been telling people for yrs that its ok for them to take what belongs to another and give it to them , its not much of a stretch for some to figure they will just cut out the middleman and take it themselves.

8. puppypaws

I agree with your concept...money see, monkey do...and the price is paid by law-abiding citizens. The longer you live, the more downfall will be witnessed in our society.

9. OP
    OP
    WayneJessie

WayneJessie LawnSite Member

I carry concealed at all times. Yes, I would shoot someone on sight for stealing on my property. It has to stop at some point. Stealing has become such a "right" to certain segments of society that a thug can be video-taped stealing cigars from a store while threatening the owner; then proceed to attack a LEO which causes his death and the thug is made to be the victim in the whole thing... Man, our society is warped past repair.

10. XC skier

XC skier LawnSite Member

Being "careless" doesn't give anyone the right to steal. Does a girl deserve to be raped if she wears a short skirt? At least the officer seemed genuinely concerned, I had one once who so much as told me it was my fault.

A number of years ago I was eating lunch in my truck with an employee when I see a guy in my mirror pull up behind me and grab a weed whacker that I had set on the ground and take off right past us. We chased the guy for 5 minutes through the neighborhood and when we returned to the job site there was the weed whacker. Guess I showed him.