Lawn Care Forum banner

I have the greatest customers EVER! tell us what clients have given you??

21K views 72 replies 52 participants last post by  Tinkerer 
#1 ·
I have had some wackos but i drop them mad quick..but for the most part I have really really nice down to earth good hearted people, Mabye its because i always go the extra mile for them without any thought of reward and I am always being given stuff!! mostly large amounts of food or an old push mower that dosnt work heh.. but this week was great!!!! I was given an old craftsman rider I think its a 36 inch I have no use for it but i can pull the engine and stick it on my 32 inch Exmark that just blew up!! and the mother of all gifts a DR brush mower with a 30 inch Snow blower attachment thats a 3000$ machine!!!! with only 34 hours!! I am very happy!!

Side note if anyone notices the missing rear glass im fabbing a electric roll down window for the back glass on one of my 250s going down the Highway feels AMAZING!!

anyhoo what have people given you

See less See more
#7 ·
On hot days most will bring us out water/gatorade if they are home. I was given a $50 tip on a $250 job the other day. Ive been given giftcards, christmas bonuses, handhelds, mowers, snow blowers etc. Ive got some good ones
Posted via Mobile Device

#11 ·
Cuban cigars, hot coco for snowplowing, oil, mowers, trimmers, one customer gave me five commercial properties and his daughter lawn and both his houses.. About ten 3x5 anti fatigue mats, one customer wanted to sell a boat to me but I just don't have the room for it.
Ya I've got some pretty cool customers!
Posted via Mobile Device

#12 ·
I've gotten the usual, old mowers, birthday cakes, waters, foods and Christmas bonuses. My buddy Craig, he got the Mac Daddy of all gifts from one of his customers. He had this old lady that he serviced. He even did little odds and ends around her house for her since she lived all alone and didn't have any relatives. When she passed on he was invited to the reading of the will by the executors of the will. She had left Craig everything but what the lawyer got. The house, car, bank accounts. Everything.

#14 ·
I have ONE guy also that brings me out an ice cold (6oz?) water every time, had one customer ask me to get rid of 2 'junk' adirondak chairs, I repainted them, and still have them on my deck.
One guy when he's home gives me an ice cold bud.

#15 ·
I've gotten the usual, old mowers, birthday cakes, waters, foods and Christmas bonuses. My buddy Craig, he got the Mac Daddy of all gifts from one of his customers. He had this old lady that he serviced. He even did little odds and ends around her house for her since she lived all alone and didn't have any relatives. When she passed on he was invited to the reading of the will by the executors of the will. She had left Craig everything but what the lawyer got. The house, car, bank accounts. Everything.
Wow, that is just plain awesome
Posted via Mobile Device

#16 ·
Yeah, I know a very similar story. Same deal guy helped a old lady with no family, and when she passed she gave him a brand new car that had never even been rained on.

My customers have given me at least $300 in scrap and a old leaf blower that I fixed and sold.

#17 ·
One customer gave me a check for $100 for christmas one year. And my neighbor will give me water sometimes.

#19 ·
One of my customers gave me a pair of boots a few weeks ago. Usually get an occasional water here and there. A friend of mine also in the business was willed one of his customers tools (hand/power tools, generator, snow blower).

#20 ·
I got an old wheelbarrow years ago from a man who's yard I cut while in college. I have used it to mix concrete in for years. In fact I just put new handles on it last year. I have mixed concrete on numerous carpentry projects with that old wheelbarrow! The man who gave it to me is long since gone but I wish I could tell him THANKS for all the good I have gotten out of that old piece of equipment!!

#22 ·
My customer let me borrow his wife for one night.

Being serious I ended up going on a date twice in my 4 years in business that involved my customers. One was the daughter and the other was a single mother.

#23 ·
I just got a $100 bonus along with the $30 payment for the last cut of the season today, so I thought I'd bump this thread!

The handwritten note attached read:

OakNut,
Thank you for doing such a good job for me all summer.
Here is a small bonus to express my appreciation.
I'll call you about doing the leaves.
Thanks again,
Client

Amazing. I don't even know what to say.
I'll be sending a thank you card.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.