• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

I just bought some COMFY boots....

thefed

LawnSite Senior Member
Hi-tec altitude IV's....brown, 70 bucks,a nd the most comfortable thing ive put on my feet in quite some time...with the arch support and padding, they are better than my tennis shoes! Supposedly, they are waterproof too...so that's cool

Ive been wearing Brahma boots from walmart for the last year, but my knees are KILLING me, esp walking sideways on hills etc....

I'll let you know how I feel after a day of mowing

Anyone else wear Hi-tec boots? Are they durable?

FearThisDeere

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'll have to remember these. I'm due for a new pair because my Timberland Pro's crapped out after 4 months! The back seem where the black leather meets the boot ripped out. They aren't that comftorable either, especially now.

OP
T

thefed

LawnSite Senior Member
I'll have to remember these. I'm due for a new pair because my Timberland Pro's crapped out after 4 months! The back seem where the black leather meets the boot ripped out. They aren't that comftorable either, especially now.

send em to timberland, they will replace them.

FearThisDeere

LawnSite Bronze Member

Classified

LawnSite Senior Member
Hi-tec are great boots!

The pair that im wearing now are made by Columbia and I love them. Very supportave and comfy also. they were brown but now they are green.

Plant Buyer 83

LawnSite Member
Had a pair of Timberland Pro's, wore out sooo fast. Bought a pair of Danner boots have had them just under a year, wearing well and really comfortable.

FearThisDeere

LawnSite Bronze Member
You will not need a receipt. Just call them, then send them in. I've replaced many pairs before with no problems.
Cool! The only problem is I can't be without my boots for a day.:cry:

OP
T

thefed

LawnSite Senior Member
my new hi-tec shoes are great. still breaking them in, so im a bit sore...but thats to be expected with new boots

ne complain is that a small 1 cm section of the sole seems to have separated from the leathe rby maybe 1-2mm. No biggie, and it doesnt look like it can separate further without a lot of effort...but i'll keep an eye on it

other than that...theyre great . highly recommended...esp. for 70 bucks