I just dont get it

Dirtman2007

LawnSite Platinum Member
I just dont see how people can tear machines up so bad

stopped and looked at this the otherday and holy hell there wasn't a pannel that didn't have a dent in it.

3k hr machine

312.jpg

zabmasonry

LawnSite Senior Member
I know what you mean. A few weeks ago I walked past a site that had a BRAND NEW deere 80D (it replaced an aged 80 deere that had been on site for a few months, the new one still had plastic on the seat), sure enough, somebody had swung it into the building already. Un-flippen-believable

T Scapes

LawnSite Bronze Member
Here is a 345C me and Chris found one day when i went up there to visit had a ton of damage and neither one of use are sure why it has a new boom and stick but with the damage the body had we have our ideas on how it happened

029 (800x600).jpg

Jim385

LawnSite Member
how about this gem I ran a few years ago, for a couple weeks... AC worked, but the lexan window was so scratched up ended up having to leave the front window open. Radio had two setting, off and uber loud.

*disclaimer.. it was like that when I got there...*

This is more how I prefer to keep the machine I'm running...

Last edited:
OP
Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007

LawnSite Platinum Member
heres another machine that always has a bent panel or something wrong with and its all from one operator hahaha :nono::nono:
dammmmmn son I see how it is....

I'm gonna give you a good job next time you come back now

NEUSWEDE

LawnSite Bronze Member
I know what your saying, in my hunt for an excavator I have seen so many machines with the ass end all beat up. No clue. Maybe people who don't know how to run them or don't care.

Funny part is the dealer just leave them dented and paint them and call it good like I won't see it is bent to crap.

Cornell

LawnSite Senior Member
Working around 6' boulders all day every day, especially when its raining I have a few dents in the CX160. The boulders slide around when the dirt gets greasy and it tough to keep them set. Most of the walls I do have a 3 to 1 slope from the bottom face of wall down to where I sit. So if a rock slips out of the grapple (it happens all the time with how much they weigh) guess which way gravity brings them... right to me.

We are fixing all the dents this winter though, I hate having them.

Cornell

LawnSite Senior Member
My dent:

I set a 4' boulder out of the way and the damn thing rolled down into me 15 minutes later when I was facing away from it.

and the back of my machine is always right next to the face of the cuts for my walls, I try to keep it out of the clay but thats not always an option when building a wall from behind like this VVVV. I can usually only swing 70-110 degrees depending where I am