• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

I might just hire these guys

KingImprovements

LawnSite Member
I was on craigslist this evening and stumbled upon these guys. Their ad stated that for $25 they would mow edge and blow ANY size yard. For that price I may just forget about my reputation and sub out to these idiots some of my really large jobs. J/jk. I could never really do that but it would be nice if we could. I know people see this all the time but this was my first time seeing it around here. Even without insurance and licensing I don't see how they can afford it. They must be using reel mowers because I didn't even cut yards that cheap when I was using a push mower in early high school. I know times are tough but no wonder you were the one that got laid off.
Posted via Mobile Device

jbannick18

LawnSite Senior Member
In fl there is a company that hires out lco's and will make deals with the HOA's. Ran into a client who asked me to give them a quote. I was to high at $22.50 a cut... she was paying $12.

OP
KingImprovements

KingImprovements

LawnSite Member
The best part about it is his email address is sharonprincess. I have a feeling that it is people like this guy who continually flag my posting and have it removed. I guess he is scared that I may steal some of his $25 dollar lawns.
Posted via Mobile Device

clydebusa

Inactive
There are some of those guys in Tulsa OK, I have lost a few accounts to them. They usely don't do too bad but not too good. So I have gotten a few of the accounts back.
They mow everything at the same height and blow everthing in the street.

THC

LawnSite Silver Member
For that price I may just forget about my reputation and sub out to these idiots some of my really large jobs. J/jk.
I have never made a post telling someone to use the search function but this is the 1000th time I've heard that joke.:cry:

OP
KingImprovements

KingImprovements

LawnSite Member
That's good that you have never told anyone else that because usually you search a word or several words. Thanks for being a **** and letting me know, I really appreciate it (sarcasm). Really if you don't want to read something then don't click on it. I think some people just constantly patrol lawnsite trying to boost there egos
Posted via Mobile Device

vanncann

LawnSite Senior Member
Dothan had a guy like this last last year. He ran an add in the news paper "any yard in Dothan for $19.95. He lasted for about 6 to 7 weeks and disappeared. This guy ruined the beginning of the season for the city of Dothan. Hopefully it won't happen again this year???

Equipguy

LawnSite Senior Member
Last June a company left a hanger on my door offering any lawn for $19.95. Most lawns in my neighborhood are larger than the norm and neighbors pay between $35-40 per cut or about $150 per month.

At the time I was doing all commercial work located near my shop about 30-45 minutes from my home. So when I sent my crew to cut my lawn I figured it was costing me about $60 or so. Long story short is I called these guys, they show up in an old station wagon with 2-21" throwaway mowers and cheap handheld stuff. None the less they did a nice job and lasted from June till mid September which surprised me. Then they missed a week and finally stopped coming but the last 2 weeks were free because they never sent me a bill. I kinda hope they come back this summer.:laugh: