1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

I need a sprinkler system

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ericlemson, Aug 18, 2006.

1. ericlemson

ericlemson LawnSite Member

All,
    I posted on this forum a while back about installing a system by myself. The consensus was to just pay a professional to do it. Well I think that is the way to go. I live in Greer, SC. I am looking for someone to quote me a system for roughly 5,000 +/- SqF. This includes the small backyard and the front and side yard of a corner lot. I dont want to do the other side closest to the neighbors house, as it is narrow and I could car less about it. The lawn is Bermuda (the side I dont want to do is fescue mostly).

Questions I have:

Total cost estimate (and extra maintence costs, etc.)?
    Do companies ever offer any type of payment plan?
    Anyone here willing to take on some free labor in exchange for a discount?
    When is the best time to do the install?
    How long will it take to have the lines from the install go away (or how do I patch them)?

Thanks for any comments or sugestions. You may also email me at sikes79@msn.com.

2. londonrain

londonrain LawnSite Silver Member

check your pm

3. ericlemson

just checked it and saw no new emails. I will check again in about 15 minutes.

4. ericlemson

checked again and still no emails. did you already send it?

5. londonrain

londonrain LawnSite Silver Member

check under your User CP for private messages or upper right hand corner under private messages....