• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

I need equipment

Chris M.

LawnSite Member
Hi, my name is Chris and I am new to the industry. I am looking to buy lawn equipment. I have a budget of $7,500.00. I need two mowers (a 36 and a 48 wb), a trailer with racks, blowers, trimmers, and edgers. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks, Chris.:)

Swampy

LawnSite Bronze Member
Looking used is a good way to start off. I've have had some good luck with the following:
Craigslist - Its a great tool, but again look over every detail, I find people try to up sell everything on here so, your going to have pull the sale apart find its negitives. Compare the sellers price to others. But be reasonable.

eBay - Can find almost everything on here. Bad side can get screwed over, buy sellers that take your money and run. That you can't phyiscially hold it, walk around it, operate it. It is buyer beware. I really don't like using eBay to much unless it is something specific, and generally prices are higher cause a seller has to pay for listing up front before something sells.

Dealers - Dealers are the best look at. They get off brand/trade in's. Sometimes you pay a higher price than say craigslist or eBay but you can get some support with the machine(s) you buy. Plus it will start to build a relationship between you and dealer. Honestly he's looking at you to by his "next meal" and a good dealer will make sure your a happy costumer.

Haven't really played around with other sites other than ironplanet.com but there are some more sites.

PROMOWER08

LawnSite Member

Kickin Your Grass

LawnSite Senior Member
Hi, my name is Chris and I am new to the industry. I am looking to buy lawn equipment. I have a budget of $7,500.00. I need two mowers (a 36 and a 48 wb), a trailer with racks, blowers, trimmers, and edgers. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks, Chris.:)
So what brings you to this industry?

OP
C

Chris M.

LawnSite Member
There comes a time when you gotta make your own moves, and this is my time. After years of making some other company, corporation, or boss money, it's time for me to do my thing. I don't know the future but I do know that I have to try to leave my mark on this life. I only have one life and I can't afford to dedicate it to someone else's legacy. That is why I do this.

Derek's Lawn Care

LawnSite Member
If your are looking into trimmers, edgers, hedge trimmers, blowers, etc., Id suggest looking into sthil, thats all i buy for equipment like that, durable, powerful, and reiable. Goodluck!

DLC