1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

    Dismiss Notice

I need help! What is this called

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by googles, Mar 21, 2005.

  1. googles

    googles LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 295

    here is a pic of the part i broke while putting on my header gasket. I cant order the part because i dont know what it is called. Does anyone know what it is called and where i can order it.
  2. fixer67

    fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,098

    Going to need a little more info on this. What is it on? And where do all the pipes go. From what little I can see it looks like it may be part of the anti-smog system. The pipe looks to be copper but I am think that soldering it would not last long because of the heat. Now if you know some one in the heating and air business I bet they could patch it. Finding a way to patch it may be your best bed. From the looks of it I am wanting to say that is going to be a dealer only item meaning you will have to pay 5 prices for it from the dealer. Check you local junk yard. And use a lot of WD-40 or something on these tubing nuts they look awful rusted. Goo luck
  3. Tider6972

    Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama
    Messages: 649

    That is an 'air injection manifold(pipe) ', and it is a part of your emission control system.

    It carries air to the exhaust manifold to burn off unburned fuel.
  4. googles

    googles LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 295

    where can i buy it?
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

    grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,526

    I had mine on a 2.8 v6 chevy break or corode, heck they were 20 years old. Anyway I picked up a set at Car Quest Auto parts. I would think Napa or most parts places would have them and they were reasonably priced I thought
  6. jim dailey

    jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 614

    Yes, the auto parts stores sell replacements. If you want, go to a mechanic or welding shop and they can BRAZE the pieces together. Check it out both ways, price wise.
  7. John Gamba

    John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct
    Messages: 10,812

    Have it tig welded. If you try hard enough you can twist :realmad: off the other nuts and you will need the exhaust manifolds to :angry:


Share This Page