• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

I need help with a bid

soccer911

LawnSite Member
I went out to this property yesterday to bid a job. I need to come up with a price on hedging. There is 70 box woods 2'x2' in size and 4 holly trees 8' tall and 5' wide. How would you price this? I'm thinking around $500.00 let me know what you think.

I would be doing this job 7 time through the year. If I charge 500.00 per time that would be 3500.00 for the year, is that ok or am I to high?

Kevin

MMLawn

LawnSite Gold Member
Even at 70 of them if they are onl 2 feet by 2 feet in size as you said and has the Hollies really won't need the same attention then personally I think you are way too high at $3,500.00.

PMLAWN

LawnSite Gold Member
Do you need to trim the boxwoods 7 times each year? After the 1st time it should take no time at all.

MMLawn

LawnSite Gold Member
Given that at 7 times a season you'll be doing them every month to 6 weeks during season I guess, then they won't need as much trimming and maintainance after the initial trimming cause if they are boxwoods they just aren't going grow tons during that month to 6 weeks. The hollies will take little no work during that period. So the overall work will not be that great or time consuming. So just me personally I can't see them being willing to pay more than $150-$175 a pop.