• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

I need to buy a new string trimmer what kind should I get

Eric ELM

Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
There are several discussions on this subject if you go back to some of the older discussions. We use T270 Shindaiwa and we have had excellent luck with them. The ones we have now are only on the second season. Our T27's got ripped off the winter before last and they were 6 years old. There are several good brands, but we prefer the Shin.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

AB Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
Every peice of sthil equipment I have bought is still running!I started the business 5 years ago and I will continue to buy sthil becouse they have been so reliable!<p>from:Adam<p>AB Lawn Care

Matt

LawnSite Member
Shindaiwa!! Mine has got to be more then 8 years old, its a 21. Just got it fixed and it runs great. It turns out that the reason that it didnt run last year was that I used 94 octane and too rich a mixture, the carbon plugged up the spark arrester screen, &quot;like it was constapated.&quot; It was sitting for a whole year, im so glad i finally decided to get it fixed. Only cost me 30 bucks to fix it! Go Shindaiwa!!

Mowman

LawnSite Senior Member
Tim, I purchased a Husquvarna 322L a month ago and am very happy with it. 22.cc w/straight drive shaft. Plenty of power and only weighs 8.4lbs. Have not had any problems with it. Love it. Cost was $279.00. Hope this helps. Mowman