I should have just stayed home today!!!!

TheChiefsLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Man, so I didn't know, but it must have rained last night and where I am at in the way south, some of the yards are on swamp land so they retain water. So at like 8 o clock in the morning, my first yard, I get my walker stuck, and cant get that ***** out. I try using my mid size walk behind, but that didn't budge it. So I had to call a friend that lived around the corner. So we eventually got it unstuck and so I went and bought some top soil and filled the holes in. And then I go and spend 500 dollars on the walker for various parts. And of course I have to wait for them to be ordered cause they don't stock them. And then I go and cut one of my new yards and I get the walker in the back yard and it was tight but it fit. I go to get it out the backyard and guess what, I cant. I ended up having to take the handle off the catcher to get back to the front yard. And then I get to two different yards and that are next to each other and I run out of trimmer string in the trimmer so I go to the trailer to refill the string and what do you know. The eyelet that holds the string in the stihl trimmer has fallen out. And so I go and drive to the stihl dealer that has parts already on order for a different machine. So I get the parts and the eyelets. On the way back to the two yards, I find out its storming. So I just went home and put the parts on the machine I had apart. So the only good thing that went to day was I got my parts and I made a little but of money from the yards I got to cut.

Anybody have a solution on keeping the little metal eyelets on the stihl from falling out. I'm thinking of gluing them bitches in with something but cant think of what since its caked with grass and dirt and i don't think anything will stick.

OP
T

TheChiefsLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
oooo and I sliced my finger, I forgot that one.

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
No matter if your in this biz, another biz, or just work full time somewhere you'll have days like this every now and then. It sucks when they happen, but at least the day ends and so does the nightmare.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
T

TheChiefsLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Yep. Just sucks when it happens lol.

OP
T

TheChiefsLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Yeah I think they fall off when you run out of string. What exactly do you have em stuck in with?

OP
T

TheChiefsLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Yeah I bought 5 today. Bitches aint cheap either. 2.50 a pop. Imma have to look on ebay. Hopefully they well em have for like a bulk price.