Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
6,539 Posts
-Light O Rama
-Animated Lighting
And there's several software packages that can help you animate.

Check out planetchristmas.com forums.

There's lots of options out there to animate, but good a MUSIC background and decent computer knowledge is necessary. Oh, and TIME and MONEY. Figure 3 to 4 hours for an experienced person to animate ONE song, and that's with only 48 to 64 channels. Most people start with 32 to 64 channels (each controller typically controls 16). Figure about $1,000 to get started with 64 channels, that's 4 controlers, the software, and transmitter for the radio. The lights and miles of cords ar much much extra...

I'd LOVE to animate my place, but I just don't have the knowledge of music nor the patience to sit down and listen to a christmas song beat by beat hundreds of times in a row...

In the meantime I use a "Lights and sounds of Christmas" controler like Deep Green mentioned. I added SSR's (solid state relays) this summer to boost the amperage of lights I can control from 12 amps to about 45. I used it last year and was pretty happy with the results. It's "plug and play", literally... But it takes time to figure out what to plug into what outlet to give you the best effects.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.