1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

I want to start a tree business

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by Guest, Oct 13, 2008.

1. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

CHECK YOUR LOCAL RENTAL COMPANY! They usually have some great stuff like man lifts, chippers, chainsaws, and stump grinders. That will help you alot and you will be able to take many more jobs and do many more things. My local rental company has helped me make so much money in the past.

2. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Yah I know the Rental Company ive been using sharpens there blades every rental because they have an ancient machine upstairs that does it. It does a very nice job. I know because i've used it before! They taught me how to use it in case.

3. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

i think its from the early 80's late 70's........

4. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

I am in a number of businesses and the ONE thing to watch out for that will absolutely KILL your aspirations is at least one local HACK charging next to nothing for his "tree work". We have one that is half all the other guys on most jobs. I buy/ carry off logs for most of the local cutters. I would not want to compete w/ him. FOr some work you can educate your customer out of HACK work, but for some forget it.

Ironwood

5. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

I started slow did what i could and developed a relationship with another arborist in town.Until I got spikes and harness he would fell trees and i would cut and haul. Even had a guy come stump but i would make a profit on every aspect( not much). As more jobs came in I bought more rope, spikes, a bigger used saw, double axle trailer-soon to be traded for a dumper,etc etc.don't forget about great inexpensive web designs and press releases to get your name out there.
    www.Rockfordtreeandstumpremoval.com

6. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that posted on this subject. I'm new pretty much to all of this. Found it very helpfull. I'm thinking about starting my own little business of my own. Mostly friends of mine want trees removed and they don't trust just anyone around there houses. And they asked me if I was willing to do the job for them. So here I am, trying to get as much info as I can and hopefully make a few extra bucks on the weekends.