ICC2 Module

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by Oxmow, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

I have an ICC2 with the base module and an 8 station module installed. When running through the zones with no valves hooked up the Zones read 1-8 then go back to one with a second module installed. Does the add on module have to be hooked up to zones and a common to be read by the controller?

2. magna111

magna111 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Couple things I would try. Unplug and take the battery out, then power it back up. Make sure the module is fully engaged and locked if required. Make sure you’re in the #2 module location, not the 3rd or 4th. Make sure the ribbon to the faceplate is fully engaged. Also make sure you have the right module for the clock, somewhere along the line I believe they changed module styles and I don’t believe there compatible, not sure if they would fit each other though. If none of that works I might worry you had a bad module, faceplate or circuit board.

3. magna111

magna111 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

As for the original question, I’m not sure if you need any zones wired up to register the module, never put a blank one in. That would be easy enough to test with a solenoid though.

4. OP
    OP
    Oxmow

Good thoughts. These are supposed to be hot swappable. Put it in, lock the lever and hit the reset button...did that and not registering. May be a bit before I get to check...I’m back in Okieland now and this controller is in Springfield Oregon.

5. Gregg.From.Hunter

Gregg.From.Hunter LawnSite Member

Hi Nick,

The process for adding a new expansion module into an ICC2 goes as follows:
    1. Begin by locating the next available module slot in the inside the controller (each slot is labeled for easy identification).Place the module in the appropriate slot and make sure it is pressed flush into the connector. Then, flip the lock switch over into the horizontal lock position.
    2. Press the reset button on the back of the controller face panel and wait for the display screen to flash the number of available stations in the controller.
    If this does not work, try replacing it with a known working expansion module and repeat the steps above.

You may also use the known working 8 station expansion module from the first slot and install it to the second slot leaving the first slot open. Once the reset button is pressed and released, the controller should recognize sixteen (16) available stations. If this works, you know you might have come across a bad module. It is very rare to find a bad module, but it can happen.

If the face panel does not recognize the stations after trying these options, you will need to take a closer look at the controller.

If you find the module to be faulty, please let me know.

IMG_1973.JPEG IMG_1975 (2).JPEG

Sprinkus and 1idejim like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Oxmow

Thanks for the info Gregg. I did do it correctly on the installation of the module. I am now 1700 miles away from that controller, but I will try it as soon as i can get back there, or have my son who lives there do it...it’s his church it went into.