1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for my house

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by jrlandscaping781, Feb 24, 2008.

1. maine999

maine999 LawnSite Member

from the pictures i got two major things that i thought about when i first saw it.

1) you need some sort of gutter system above the planting area or you could have some problems with a bad snow fall and or water buildup.

2) do you want to hide the stone veneer on the wall next to the walk way?

i would think annuals would be the easiest, the only draw back is replacing them every year. if you are looking for plants.

another alternative is a mexican beach stone as a drip line that would add a nice touch and double as a drainage system. Than i would place a small perennial bed on the outside of the walkway to frame the walkway to make the design more 3 demensional rather than a straight line.

2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

If the walkway stays I would just fill up the area with 3/4 inch white rock. Not too much for trees to keep leaves cleaned up and it must only be a foot or so step up and down from your porch bench.