"Identical" blades = expensive lesson

deer_ed

LawnSite Member
I don't know if the washer/spacer goes on top or bottom of the Cheetah but on my Hustler Super Z the washer goes on the bottom by the bolt head so the circle on the blade where you can see is worn into the Cheetah blade would have had that blade on upside down!! My spindle is a much bigger circle on my blades and covers almost the whole blade. Just my observation

Derwood

LawnSite Silver Member
I have both machines, we interchange blades all the time.

The only time I have had this happen is as mentioned before a blade was put on upside down. This was on our TT2, same situation as what OP is describing. The decks and blade setup is identical on the Cheetah and TT2, different model has nothing to do with the blade bending.

OP - there’s your answer bud! Oversight …. Happens (or has happened) to all of us at one time or another. Lesson learned!! Mow on dude!!

Freaky Fido

LawnSite Bronze Member
I don't know if the washer/spacer goes on top or bottom of the Cheetah but on my Hustler Super Z the washer goes on the bottom by the bolt head so the circle on the blade where you can see is worn into the Cheetah blade would have had that blade on upside down!! My spindle is a much bigger circle on my blades and covers almost the whole blade. Just my observation
I agree that if you read the signs that blade was clearly on upside down.

Top Forums