1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Identify this....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sailinstud420, May 11, 2005.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

I was just mowing along the other day and I happened to wack this thing, it was in the middle of my backyard, lucky for me it didn't end up through the window, but it did take a nice chunk out of my brand new set of gator blades :cry: Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could identify this thing, I am about certain it didn't come off of my TT, but if it did I would like to know where it came from.... Let me know.

DSCN2188.JPG

DSCN2189.JPG

DSCN2190.JPG

2. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Damned if I know. Cost a bunch though, huh? Brand new Gators? Wow, that sucks.

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Do you have any 4 wheelers? Or other play or work toys. Looks like a brace off of something else.

4. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

off the handle, perhaps. Maybe a cable attached through the hole...just guessing. It would take more than that to seriously damage a gator blade. That part doesn't look like its been hit too hard....

Its good to know I'm not the only one whos posted a sock and toe shot along with my picture:p lol.

5. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

If I had to guess, maybe a belt guide off the deck of a homeowner lawn tractor.

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Looks like part of a latch to a gate or something?

7. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

HEY! THAT"S WHAT IT IS! I have a customer with a gate latch just like that. I'll take a pic and post it here. Monday.

8. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I can hardly contain myself, couldn't you please try and post that picture sooner? :angel: lol, kenny.

9. FLYonWALL9

FLYonWALL9 LawnSite Member

No doubt, that is the same latch on my faters gate. If he didn't live in another city I would take a picture.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I hit a hammer yesterday. I knew right away what it was, though. :realmad: