• Yes it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it is not.

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

J.D.Weller

LawnSite Member
I need some advice please.
Hello, I broke my foot back in July, and took off 4 weeks. In my absence the boss sent out other employees to do my job. Only one of them has a commercial applicators license that I am sure of. The others failed the test and didn't go back to retest. The boss denied me workmans comp. eventhough I was hurt on the job. The guys that did my job while I was off left invoices at the jobsites with my name and applicators number on them. I signed a master copy so all the invoices are printed out with it already on them. My question is, is this legal for the boss to do? Some of my customers have been calling me and asking why someone else did the work but left my name on the bill. I don't think it's right that the boss should benefit from my injury while I denied any help. I am the only employee that knows anything about what I do and the equipment I use. And I have been doing my route for over 21 years.

Yatt

LawnSite Senior Member
Of course it is not legal on many fronts.

The biggest issue is the workman's comp and denial and following insurance issues from the incident. However it is pretty late to get started on this.

Most likely bringing this to the attention of the proper authorities will not end well for your employment but from what you describe, you shouldn't work for this guy anyway if he conducts business like this.

That Guy Gary

LawnSite Gold Member
You need to contact your department of agriculture, and did you tell the doctor you were injured on the job?

You need to contact your employer's insurance carrier directly as well and a lawyer wouldn't be a bad idea either.