1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Idiot.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by locutus, Sep 25, 2004.

1. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

The next-door neighbor of one of my clients stopped me today and asked if I would aerate his yard when I aerated my clients yard. Now get this, he had the nerve to ask me if I would do it for "five or ten bucks since you will already be next door". After I got over the initial shock of the request, realizing it wasn't a joke, I just told him "no f-ing way". He just walked off.

2. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

Did he have a Kerry sign in his yard???

3. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

this is why i was wondering if i even want to start trying to get my neighbors as clients. dont think would be worth the hassle

4. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

i would have been like 5-10 bucks for me to enter your property lol.... neighbors think they get a deal cuz u cuz there neighbor :angry:

5. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

No he had a Bush sign. He thought that aeration might turn up a few WMDs.

6. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Sure Ill do it for five dollers. I only charge your neighbor two bucks so Ill make good money here sir. Can I clean yur home for an additional 50 cents. Detail your car for a buck fifty. Cant wait to tell my mommy how much money Im makin, she thought Id never amount to anything. Boy I can really impress her now. :dizzy:

7. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

LMAO!!! Perfect!! :cool2:

8. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

I mow a couple of neighbors properties and they seem to grasp the concept that I am in this business to earn a profit, not cut them a sweatheart deal just because they chose to live in the neighborhood I live in. The 3 of them are some of my best clients.

9. burnandreturn

burnandreturn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Germany

You guy's drinking already this morning? The original thread said, a neighbor of a CLIENT, not the LCO's nieghbor. :rolleyes:

10. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Burn...that's what I was thinking. Funny how one little missed detail can get the thread headed in another direction completely.