1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

If its fixed I'll buy another! 66" Super z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tjcezar, Jan 14, 2008.

1. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have a little problem with deciding what to buy for this up coming season. Last year i bought a 66" super z with 30 hp. I had some problems with the cut(the infamous strips of uncut grass) but really love the set up design and speed. My dealer took care of the problem first by putting a kit on it which didn't work and then finally by just giving me a newer model. The newer model was a little better but to be honest it still does it just not as bad. My dealer then told me there is another kit that I can put on this one but I will have to pay for it. Not a big deal if it works but I really dont have much faith at this point ( I shouldn't need to pay extra in order to cut all the grass, but i would). Does anyone have any experience with this other kit? I love my mower and like the dealer but I can't buy another one if I have to worry about quality of cut issues. After all it is a very expensive machine made to cut grass - all of it. Is there anything I can do to make it cut and stripe better(does not leave solid stripe)? I am buying more machines as my business is growing and would like to know if I can stay with hustler.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

As your aware we are working on this for you, I have your e-mails and our regional manager is going to get involved.