• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

If you could make equiptment for this business

RYAN

LawnSite Member
I have an Idea. How about the Ginsu mower blade that never needs shapening and always makes a clean cut. I can see the infomercial now.

DTM65

LawnSite Member
Hey Lazer,<p>I'm making a OCDC for a Turf Tiger right now. Should have it done soon. Maybe some pixs to follow.<br><p>----------<br>D. Tom<br>

osc

LawnSite Senior Member
Titanium blades that would never need to be sharpened. If each blade was $50.00 and you never had to buy a blade again, wouldn't that be worth it?<br>I'd do it if they lasted one season.<p>Lazer: where can I find that 8.5' deck ZTR?

Keith

LawnSite Platinum Member
If i am not mistaken Lazer was talking about the <br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.lastec.com/domino/html/lastec/LTWebsite.nsf&quot;&gt;Lastec&lt;/a&gt;

bdemir

LawnSite Senior Member
Lazer, <p>Whats the reason for choosing a walkbehind over a rider. Because i have trouble trying to get the workers to like the walkbehinds. Is there a differnce in cut because a rider can do almost what a walkbehind can. I notice you said you have a few tracers and i just want to sell mine because of the comfort factor.<p><br>One more question, i dont know what in ocdc is.<p><font size="1">Edited by: bdemir

cantoo

LawnSite Silver Member
I hate hedge pruning. This winter I will make a pruner using a scafolding frame with bicycle wheels that will be able to straddle a long hedge. It will have a 6' long cutter bar mounted on it, the height will be adjustable and the bar will also swing down to cut the sides too. It will be powered by a small block chevy engine and will fold up and fit in your pocket to take to the next job. No, bettter yet you could drive it to your next job. Okay maybe I am working too hard, but it would be the only one on the block.

eslawns

LawnSite Senior Member
Some kind of radio that isn't interfered with by the ignition of the engine. The day is long enough. Federal law that says if a homeowner can leave bags, we can leave them.

Lazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thanx, Keith, I see it's 8', not 8.5', but I don't understand why those aren't more popular. (I know they're expensive)<p>bdemir, ocdc: operated controlled discharge chute, aka: Dixie Chopper.<p>It has been my experience than a 60&quot; Hydro Walk-Behind with a stand-on sulky is more productive in many situations. i.e. Condominiums, heavily landscaped parks and homeowner common areas, as well as office parks and residential sites.<p>A walk-behind packs all the punch (5' cut, 23hp engine, full dual hydro drive) as a rider Z, with a lot less weight: 600 vs. 1000 lbs. Plus, with a rider you have to sit on it, bringing the total to DOUBLE the weight of a walk-behind. A walk-behind can be walked and the machines movement physically manipulated by the operator.<p>Richard,<br>The Scag 72&quot; that I ran had a fixed deck, the wheel stance was too narrow, machine was front-heavy and unbalanced and the drive tires were too small. The times I ran one, it scalped and was difficult to control. I wouldn't trust it on a crew.<p>I guess I was thinking about one built from the ground up, properly balanced, large drive tires (an industry trend) wide wheel stance and OF COURSE a floating deck.

Eric ELM

Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
Lazer: You was very close on the OCDC. It stands for Operator Controlled Discharge Chute. I have a page on that on my website too for any of you new guys that want to see it. An OCDC is handier than a pocket on a shirt. :)<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://elmlawnsite.com/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

Keith

LawnSite Platinum Member
Someone who came up with and marketed a OCDC for all popular mowers would make a lot of money. I think I'll try to make one for my Kees and Grasshopper.<p>