If you use canned fuel check in here.

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by Fatwood, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Fatwood

Fatwood LawnSite Member

Walmart sells a canned fuel called Outdoor Factory Parts multi ratio premix which comes from the Husqvarna group. The oil mix in it is JASO FD certified (#001LTI001) which when you check the certification page it's Redmax 2 stroke oil. Click on the link and scroll to #309.

http://www.jalos.or.jp/onfile/pdf/2T_EV_LIST.pdf

I don't use it since I get ethanol free gas, but some of you do use it. It is less than $5 a can and it's even cheaper than buying Trufuel in the 110oz jug.

[​IMG]

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the info. I've been using the Husqvarna canned fuel at $37.50/gallon in my seldom-used 2 stroke units. It wasn't long ago that I thought those who use canned fuel were plain silly, but sadly that's what it's come to for those of use who don't have ethanol-free fuel available at the pump.

kawasaki guy and Fatwood like this.
  3. Fatwood

Fatwood LawnSite Member

Glad I could help.

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

That 37.50 boggles my mind. I can buy high octane race gas by the drum for around 5 dollars a gallon. Race fuels come with stabilizers for long shelf life.

5. Darryl G

Well it's cheaper than the $10/quart I was paying for my first few, lol. I had been using Star Tron fuel treatment but just got tired of replacing fuel lines, grommets and carb issues. It's really a small price to pay to preserve the equipment I've invested in but just don't use often.

6. shifty98

shifty98 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Indiana

I always use it for the last tank of the year in all my handhelds. That way they start right up come spring.

7. bluetruck

bluetruck LawnSite Member

how do you afford almost $40 a gallon gas? lol. i use 10-15 gallons of stihl 50:1 mix with 93 octane 10% ethanol per week. i mix in some marine (blue) stabil into the gas when i buy it. never had fuel related problems in any of my 20+ handhelds (after 10+years) and never run them dry in the off season. i use the same mix in some old 2 strokes, no need to use lower ratio mix. the trick is the marine stabil, it keeps the water out of the fuel. i dont see how canned fuel would be better than plan gas, even if it was, would it be worth it? you could buy new handhelds every year with the savings of using standard gas.

Mow-Daddy.com likes this.
  8. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

ethanol isn't an issue. i've used it in my honda trimmer for almost 15 years and only recently had to replace the primer bulb and fuel lines last year.....so it went 14 years without issue using nothing but 87 octane ethanol gas. i've done the same in my honda pushmower engine. never had to replace any fuel lines or anything on it.

in winter time add stabil or just run all the gas out of the trimmer or mower.

in the blower i don't add anything since the oil mix for 2 strokes has fuel stabilizers in it already.

bluetruck likes this.
  9. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Silver Member

During peak season i go through 300 gal per month of non-ox in mowers and handhelds. at $37.50 ea. that would be
    Over $11,000 fuel bill.

For you guys out east that can't buy non ox, I would make a monthly trip with 50 gal drums to the next state and buy bulk.

TrainingWheels likes this.
  10. Darryl G

Sorry, my bad, it's only $27.50/gallon. I bought one yesterday.