If your string trimmer broke and you had to buy a new one...?

JokerOfAllTrades

LawnSite Member
What would be the last string trimmer you'd ever need? I'm about tired of my old Ryobi SS26 that I have to wrestle with every stinking year, and I want one that can handle whatever lawn care clients would want a string trimmer to handle. I have a Stihl chainsaw that I like, and I've heard good things about Echo. What's the Cadillac of string trimmers for professionals? (I'm also open to combinations like a power head that can be attached to a variety of implements such as edgers. I know Stihl offers that.)

FitzRightYardServices

LawnSite Senior Member
When I first started 4 years ago all of my trimmers came from menards. I found out about the Echo SRM from the web and I love it. It is super light and the speed feed head is by far the best feature. Others on here will back the Echo line up of trimmers as well.

The Echo PAS is attachment capable and has tons of attachments to choose from.

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
Whatever you can take to the dealer you bought it from and get most parts immediately, and the dealer will fix it that day, or in a couple of days.

A lot of people like Stihl, but here most Stihl dealers are rental places, and my experience is the rental places, take weeks to fix things. I assume they want to repair what they rent 1st.

We have a dealer here that won't service things he did not sell so he can avoid the PITA homeowners, and just deal with Commercial businesses & Municipalities.

OP
J

JokerOfAllTrades

LawnSite Member
When I first started 4 years ago all of my trimmers came from menards. I found out about the Echo SRM from the web and I love it. It is super light and the speed feed head is by far the best feature. Others on here will back the Echo line up of trimmers as well.

The Echo PAS is attachment capable and has tons of attachments to choose from.

Is 25cc enough engine for the job? The Stihl dedicated units have significantly larger engines.

OP
J

JokerOfAllTrades

LawnSite Member
Whatever you can take to the dealer you bought it from and get most parts immediately, and the dealer will fix it that day, or in a couple of days.

A lot of people like Stihl, but here most Stihl dealers are rental places, and my experience is the rental places, take weeks to fix things. I assume they want to repair what they rent 1st.

I have a Stihl dealer about a mile from my house and I haven't heard of them renting out power equipment like that. I could always ask about their turnaround on repairs.

Top Forums