• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

I'll start. Lets some some pond pics!!!

lawnMaster5000

LawnSite Senior Member
Here is my most recent build.

Comments welcomed please. I would like to learn from all the experts on what I could do better, I know there have to be a few things.

I also did lighting on this project, but I do not really know how to take a good lighting picture. My attempts did not turn out real well.

All landscape walls and water pond feature are new by my design. Please let me know what you think. I will be happy to give more details, let me know what you are looking for and I will answer.

Thanks.

192_9257.small.jpg

192_9263.small.jpg

192_9260.small.jpg

192_9252.small.jpg

BSDeality

LawnSite Silver Member
This is the sponsor's forum, there is a separate Pond forum, plenty of pics in there too.

Thats enough hair splitting, back to the pictures above. looks good, but I would add some rocks to the bio-falls to try to hide the box more. Also did you use the plastic rock for the falls? I usually scrap it and try to get a natural stone to take its place. Did you intentionally tweak it so 90% of the water goes over the right side falls? Personally I would try to split them 40-60% or so. Other than that it looks great. The size matches the space.

lawnMaster5000

LawnSite Senior Member
oops, I thought this was in the other forum, didnt see the sponsor below. I really hadnt even realized there were two Pond Design, Construction & Water Gardening Forums until you just pointed it out.

The falls stones are natural - I threw out the plastic thing, but then later realized the natural looks almost identical to the plastic one. o-well....

The water over the first falls is split almost perfect now, I dont know what was going on in that picture. Then below that I wanted the big fall to have most of the flow to make that have a real smooth look and the other falls to be more of a splash type weir.

Thanks for your comments.
More pics from that job. http://good-times.webshots.com/album/556092986HzdlfV