1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

I'm 6'4''!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by okie2, Jun 11, 2007.

1. okie2

okie2 LawnSite Member

Anybody got suggestions for a ztr that wont hit me in the knees at full speed. I have demoed many so far. What do you long legged people like to use?

2. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not 6'4" but I am 6'0" and I run a cub cadet tank. I have to run it with the seat all the up and wish I could get the seat up even further. I would think for someone taller running with the seat all the back would give them plenty of room. Good luck.

3. hossmp

hossmp LawnSite Member

I am also tall and I found that any of the mid size machines is going to be tight for someone that is your height. If you are looking for something that has a 52-72 inch deck then you can step into the full size machines such as the IS3000 from ferris, a Scag Turf Tiger or The Lazer from Exmark and numerous others that I am sure people will recomend. If you go to a dealer with a good amount of inventory you can definatly see what I am saying. The mid and smaller sized machines due to there compact size are going to be tight.

4. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i'm 6'5 and run a great dane chariot, the levers are in the inside of my legs. not over the top. much nicer.

5. SpfdTurfMasters

SpfdTurfMasters LawnSite Member
    from MO

Im 6'3" and the guy I work for runs a Gravely 34Z, its a 34" and it fits me fine. He also has 2 Hustlers, a 60" and a 52" and those both fit me fine

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

You might be able to take the handles and cut them and have a welding shop weld in a section of metal stock to raise the bars a few more inches...

Might be the easiest fix.

I know some are adjustable, but only about an inch or so...

7. Wolfbass

Wolfbass LawnSite Member

Hustler sells extensions which help quite a bit.

8. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

Why dont you try a stander? As long as you watch out for tree limbs, and low flying airplanes you should be good to go.

9. ACEMowing

ACEMowing LawnSite Member

If you have a Bad Boy dealer around you try one... I demo'd one with the handles in the high position and to me it was like "ape hangers" on a motorcycle (I'm 5' 9"). :laugh:

10. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i really havn't tried one yet that i didn't have some sort of problems with the handles