I'm an employee and I want to pay taxes...

Sabresfan

LawnSite Member
Here's the scoop. I worked mowing lawns this summer and made somewhere around $4000. I'm not too sure as I was paid cash at intermittent times and didn't make an effort to really keep track. The guy I work for does not have me on as an official employee so he doesn't pay workman's comp., etc. I know that this is illegal but as far as I'm concerned, that's on him.
So, I'm getting ready to fire up Turbo Tax and do my taxes and I want to pay taxes on this (roughly) 4000 dollars I made. Does anyone know how I can do this? I think there is a question on TT that asks you if you've made any money doing odd jobs, so if there is I'll probably just annotate it on there, but I thought I'd ask here first for any relevant advice. Thanks in advance.

OP
S

Sabresfan

LawnSite Member
Can you survive on 4k a year you still want to pay tax let us kno why?:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
No this isn't the only money I've made this year. I'm a veteran and as such I receive the GI BILL. I'm a full time student and I basically get paid to go to school. I also work another "real" job. So to answer your question, no I cannot and no I do not survive on 4k a year.

Landrus2

LawnSite Fanatic
No this isn't the only money I've made this year. I'm a veteran and as such I receive the GI BILL. I'm a full time student and I basically get paid to go to school. I also work another "real" job. So to answer your question, no I cannot and no I do not survive on 4k a year.
To pay the tax on that money is very easy can you tell us why you want to do that :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

OP
S

Sabresfan

LawnSite Member
As a Vet.,and I thank you for that,there is a big thing they teach you called honnor. Look it up.
I think you're the one that needs to look it up, so you can learn how to spell it.:confused:

The whole reason I created this thread was so I could do the "honorable" thing here. That is my entire point. How some of you are missing this is beyond me, so once again I will politely ask for someone to help me out or at least "put me in my place" while hopefully at the same time shedding some light so I can figure out how to go about this.

lawnpro724

LawnSite Silver Member
Your tax on your $4000 is about $600 unless you have other deductions.