1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

I'm getting more quality work by looking less professional!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CRM Lawncare, Sep 30, 2004.

1. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

I usually wear kakhi pants and a polo shirt to present estimates. I've noticed some people were surprised (could tell by the look on their face) that I arrived dressed like I was. Most of the rednecks around her show up in cut off jeans and a ripped up t-shirt. I asked a few accts that I didn't get what was the reason they went with someone else. They told me that they didn't believe I would be the one doing the work, even though I assured them I would. They said someone dressed like you were wouldn't get dirty and do a good job. The last few weeks I have been giving estimates in a nice pair of jeans, and a t-shirt with the company name and logo on it. The clients seem to be more at ease and I've had much better luck closing on middle class residential accts. I will still dress up when meeting with professional commercial accts, but will stick to the dressing down for residential.

:cool2:

2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I take that approach for all my jobs, always dressed ready to work.