• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

I'm going to buy the new PermaGreen Triumph! (But, I have a question)

lawnlandscape

LawnSite Senior Member
Up until this point I have been 100% granular. I really want to get better weed control, so I'm going to buy the PermaGreen Triumph. One thing I never thought about (until now) is that it will only hold enough liquid to do one or 2 lawns.

So... what do I do?!??

I guess the only thing is to have a tank on my truck, right? to fill it up...

What kinda tank would you guys recommend? I guess I would use the tank just as a fill up station, so it would not need a long hose... right?

You guys would mix the product in the tank so its just a fill-and-go thing, and not just put water in the tank.. right?

Thanks for your input! :drinkup:

OP
L

lawnlandscape

LawnSite Senior Member
Also, one think I was just thinking about. I am buying this unit so I can spread and spray at the same time. But... Doesn't it spread, much wider then it sprays... So do you make 2 passes, or how do you do it all at once?

Thanks again!

jasontimm

LawnSite Senior Member
the spray on a triumph and the best part of your spread pattern will also be eight feet, so all you have to do is spray back to your closest tire tracks, overlap wont hurt. Its a great questions, the answer i gave you was the same answer the PG sales guy told me.

lawntennis

LawnSite Senior Member
I just got a 100 Gallon poly tank at Tractor Supply. Set it in the back of my truck on 3 skids to get it higher, hooked up a 11/2" hose to the tank and just used a gravity feed. It filled fast and I could get everything out except for a couple gallon. Be sure to put your shutoff at the fill end of the hose if you try it.

Jason Rose

LawnSite Fanatic
Calibrate, Calibrate, Calibrate. That's my first advise with your new permagreen. You need to figure out EXACTLY how much liquid it's putting down per 1,000 square feet, don't just go by the "quart per 1,000" that most people say they apply at. Trust me, if it's 28 ounces or 36 ounces per 1,000 you will need to mix accordingly.

As for filling it, I use a 25 gallon tank with a small electric pump. It was one of those lawn sprayers with the trailer. I just use it as a nurse tank. The pump is slow though, I'd like to have something faster for sure, but it was free since I had it sitting around from years ago. Depending on your lawns, and how many sq. ft. you can cover in a day the 25 gallon + 12 in the sprayer will get you roughly 148 K of coverage.

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
we turned our old hose spraying tanks into fill stations and it works killer. so the idea of a nurse tank is the best. we also fill into the tank and mix, then just transfer into our ride ons as we need it. of course, we use zsprays as they can have much more capacity and different tanks for different mixes. i dont think even the new pg can do that which i would see as a downfall in many situations. not sure on that, but you could modify so you could sue the two tanks independently if you wanted.

indyturf

LawnSite Bronze Member
I use a 50 gal tank with a bilge pump for a boat that I got at Wal-Mart about 5 yrs ago. still works great!! with my box truck I have a 250gal tank with the aluminum cage. I'm going to try the gravity fill but if that doesn't work I will go back to the bilge pump.

jasontimm

LawnSite Senior Member
Do you guys think the Z-Spray is a better machine? What is the cost difference of the 2?
i spoke with PG and got a price on the triumpf last week, they told me $7400 dollars plus take (MN 7%) total $7848.00

Today i spoke with Z-spray for the Z-spray junior price $7755.00, no tax being i live out of state.

Do what you want, but the z-spray has a lot more to offer.