Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday got a call from a guy said his lawn service had not mowed him in 2 weeks can I come look at it, Sure I'll be there soon. I get there and the front looks pretty bad but manageable. The back is a disaster abandoned pipes,debris, fences falling into the yard, 3 different levels, about 2 months worth of weeds, rocks everywhere. I walked it and kept thinking this is gonna be hard so the final straw was when something jumped out of the pool which was dark green and I stepped on a bundle of 10 gauge wire in the 4 ft high weeds. Went back and told him I'm gonna have to pass on this one Good luck. I didn't get a warm fuzzy about getting paid on this one either. I know get payment upfront run to the bank and cash the check but ya know if I have to do that I don't want to work for them.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Had a similar experience recently.... guy accross from an account comes over,..... how much to get it knocked down? He'd been away, kids broke mower so it didnt get cut for like a month + in the spring ... ouch......... started to walk the prop..... went around the corner with him and there's a pile of used bricks (approx 8 ft accross, 6 ft high!) that his wife bought "To build a walk"

Told him...... "Can't and won't do it..... machines are too valuable to break them here........ unless you'd like me to do it all with the string trimmer.... at $80.00/hr......." He actualy said he understood, and thanked me for my time.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Just finished another one. 40'x40' removed 2 small trees a bunch of grape vines, a dozen burdocks and run the old lawnboy over all the weeds. 2 1/2 hrs for the wife and me $225 and a neighbour came over and siad if we could make that place look that good could we give her a price on spraying her lawn? Nice easy lawn $125 and gave her business cards to give to her friends. These are small lots and all close together so we'll likely get a couple more. We usually wait a few days then call them to say we are coming and they have a few friends for us to quote or do.
We don't turn down jobs like this, they are great stress relievers. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.