Lawn Care Forum banner
201 - 220 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
If the angry client wanted to make them look like a ripoff they could have exaggerated the rates. The rates seem very reasonable considering the salaries for a good project manager would be around 100k, benefits and a truck. What was odd though is they have a "project coordinator" who is only billed at $54/man hour. Sounds like they were nightmare clients from the start and were on an island which is a 4 hour round trip, couldn't get any trades out there and had to abandon the project because they were being abused. Then 3 different family members left 1 star reviews.

I pay 30% taxes but our gas is $8/gallon and cigarette are $20/pack. Can barely afford to get my gallon and pack of smokes every night.

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
If the angry client wanted to make them look like a ripoff they could have exaggerated the rates. The rates seem very reasonable considering the salaries for a good project manager would be around 100k, benefits and a truck. What was odd though is they have a "project coordinator" who is only billed at $54/man hour. Sounds like they were nightmare clients from the start and were on an island which is a 4 hour round trip, couldn't get any trades out there and had to abandon the project because they were being abused. Then 3 different family members left 1 star reviews.

I pay 30% taxes but our gas is $8/gallon and cigarette are $20/pack. Can barely afford to get my gallon and pack of smokes every night.
The fastest way to make an extra $560/month and cover rising gas costs is stop smoking. ;)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Nobody’s scaling anything in my area in this labour market. Applications dried up completely and $25/hr cad not enough to get someone.

got my hands on pricing from one of the big construction companies in my area, $74 for general labour, $85 carpentry and $105 for manager time
That's CAD though, right? In US dollars that would be $57/hr, $65/hr, and $80/hr.
Sounds pretty low to me. The way I see it, if anyone in my area is at less than $60/hr for general labor, they are doing something wrong...

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I bought a vape thing but it broke within a couple days. Not sure what to do. I guess I could buy a better vape device?
My foreman bought a vape thing to try and quit. He used to smoke maybe three or four cigarettes during the work day. Now he hits that vape pen like every 10 minutes. Can't be better for you...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Nobody’s scaling anything in my area in this labour market. Applications dried up completely and $25/hr cad not enough to get someone.

got my hands on pricing from one of the big construction companies in my area, $74 for general labour, $85 carpentry and $105 for manager time
Someone is. There are plenty of big companies here still running multiple crews.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
My brother dropped a 20 year smoking habit the week before his kids were born. Cold turkey. So can you.
Someone is. There are plenty of big companies here still running multiple crews.
They already had things set up. They aren’t expanding currently though. Nobody is. If anything some of these companies that got too much overhead will fail

·
Premium Member
8,856 Posts
Chantix was my game changer. 15 years at a pack a day. Within a month after starting chantix I was done. That was almost 7 years ago or just over I believe. Only had one crazy lucid dream where I brushed all the teeth out of my mouth... Man that was a wild one so real feeling. But hey it worked. I can't imagine smoking at today's prices. Marlboros we're getting close to $4 and some change when I quit.

201 - 220 of 223 Posts