I'm new how to make money during the winter?

natureview

LawnSite Member
Ok this is my first couple of months in the lawn business i think i started at he wrong time but I'm not going to give up just wondering does anybody have any ideas of how to make money in the winter? what service should i offer? i appreciate all serious replies. Thanks have a blessed day

Daly&Shields Lawncare

LawnSite Member
Well i'm not really sure what equiptment or where your located.. However i'll throw some things out there. Probably the most obvious winter service in the industry... Snow removal.. Some other things
I do in the winter include selling firewood, hauling and scrapping.. Hope it helped

cpllawncare

LawnSite Silver Member
Use this time to develop your business plan and develop your marketing stategy for the upcoming season, it's actually almost here about another 45 days or so and we'll be starting up here.

CrownScapes

LawnSite Member
Not much snow down here but I normally work year round, just little less during winter.

I offer hauling junk away, small handyman services, and if had a good year sometimes nothing

Moore ILS

LawnSite Member
I do a lot of different things. Work for a friends Oak Wilt Service, work at a deer processing plant, really anything that pays.

A suggestion I have is go to school durring the winter and get certified for something else also. That way you have even more services to offer the customer.
Posted via Mobile Device

ndols2

LawnSite Member
Ok this is my first couple of months in the lawn business i think i started at he wrong time but I'm not going to give up just wondering does anybody have any ideas of how to make money in the winter? what service should i offer? i appreciate all serious replies. Thanks have a blessed day
you can do HUD work, your in Mich. so there are lots of foreclosures. look into some of the nationals, and sign up. you will get steady work, ok pay and in the summer, more lawns to mow. check out www.contractortalk.com under property preservation forum, find out what companies to look at, and avoid.

crlawncare01

LawnSite Member
You live in michigan like i do..... the best thing to do in my book would offer snow removal and ice managment.

I belong to another forum and we where just talking about how SLOW this winter has been for everyone and what they are doing to keep income coming in..

couple things they talk about where..

installing and uninstalling christmas lights ( little late)
tree removal if they have fallen (ice storms)
depending on your accounts i have one that we pick up litter in there parking lot once a week...

there is may different things you could do...

martinlawn29

LawnSite Member

I started this time about 5 years ago
Do you have a truck that you could plow with ? if not plan on plowing for your self and or for a snow removal co in your area.

lots of snow removal co.s need sidewalk help ask around im in the Grand Rapids Michigan Area its kinda liike ware your at .

call a few bigger Cos and see if anyone may need some help. Its getting close to bidding time you can eat up lots of hours on line sizeing up lawns and sending out bids.

Hope it works for you feel free to ask any thing