I'm pretty residential, but this fell into my lap.

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by DBR Jules1972, Mar 3, 2019.

?

Looking for a proper bid range for this job.

1. low end bid...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. high end bid...

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. OP
    OP
    DBR Jules1972

DBR Jules1972 LawnSite Member

Im a pretty small operation but i have the budget to pick up used equipment where needed.

2. OP
    OP
    DBR Jules1972

DBR Jules1972 LawnSite Member

Im a small operation but i can take on more. I turn down qualified ppl all the time bc i dont have the immediate need, but this, of course, would change that. From the appearances walking the grounds this weekend they are not looking for top level, immaculate aesthetics, more of a meat and potatoes type job. Everything addressed but nothing luxury or over the top. As far as equipment, I do alot of suburban type lawns that take about 40 minutes total front and back. By no means do i have the equipment needed for a gig like this, but i do have the budget to aqcuire needed equipment, used, of course.

3. hal

hal LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

How long would it take you to do it and keep up with all the required maintenance? Now you and 1 guy, then you and 2 guys? Can you sub out the turf program?

4. Grassfire205

Grassfire205 LawnSite Senior Member

Whatever you bid be sure to add 15-20% onto it for labor and time of trash pick up youll have to do every single week you show up.

5. CJ's Mowing Service

CJ's Mowing Service LawnSite Member

Understood. I’m a small operation myself. I was just thinking of the items you have or may need approaching this. First thought I had was something to minimize clippings on concrete and possible tracks and debris from those smaller pieces of grass to the sidewalks.

6. iand

iand LawnSite Bronze Member

high end bid if I'm not going to make decent money why would I want it

7. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

A small operation could be solo, one guy, two guys, 3 guys even 5...big difference in pricing labor with a job this size between 2 guys and 5.

I wouldn't touch it, but I would never consider bidding something low just to get the job....so just to answer the question posted...high end bid.

Especially if ya hire a couple guys and get more equipment just to do a job at a low price. Could be breaking even and have all that hassle for nothing... Also if they put up for bid next year and they go elsewhere you have a couple extra employees and extra equipment and a hole in your budget.