I'm raising prices next week

GRANTSKI

LawnSite Silver Member
Decided to take the plunge. Raising prices on current mowing only clients 10% next week. Anybody new gets the new higher rates.

Raised all my commercial clients 5% already this month. Had no push back on this.

Working on a plan to raise residential contracts, or I might just do away with them.
What do you make per man hour on residential? And what is your goal / raising it to ??

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Decided to take the plunge. Raising prices on current mowing only clients 10% next week. Anybody new gets the new higher rates.

Raised all my commercial clients 5% already this month. Had no push back on this.

Working on a plan to raise residential contracts, or I might just do away with them.
Nice! Any other business plans?

rclawn

LawnSite Silver Member
I think it’s smart to raise the residential but if you hit the commercials with a 10% a month after a 5% increase you’re gonna start losing clients. just my two cents, wait until next year to raise the commercials

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
I think it’s smart to raise the residential but if you hit the commercials with a 10% a month after a 5% increase you’re gonna start losing clients. just my two cents, wait until next year to raise the commercials
Nah, @JFGLN knows his clientele. I bet he doesn’t lose more then a couple clients.

rclawn

LawnSite Silver Member
Im sure he knows his clientele but raising the price twice in a month is not a good business move in any event. It’s not necessarily about the money at that point, just sends mixed signals. One 15% raise would have been much better.

Price increase mid to late season is already not ideal, but given the times we are living in can be justified. I always waited until the next season to raise prices, but I sold my lawn accounts prior to COVID, and things are different now so I can see why one would.

grass man 11

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have done two in a year. One larger bump is much better.

but for point of reference, raising 10% doesn’t mean anything if your already priced middle or low. Say you charge $35 per cut. Raising to 37.50 (10%) isn’t all that exciting. Say you charge $50 for a 1/4 lot, raising to $55 and being able to keep most of your clients is more challenging.

Top Forums