1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

I'm ready for snow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMower, Nov 5, 2003.

1. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I got my very first snow plow last week. Its a Fisher Minute mount 2 and boy is it a beauty. It comes off and on in (like they said) a minute. I cant believe how all the lights and hydraulics stay with the plow when you back away from it. You have to look real hard to even tell my truck has a plow, when the plow is off.

I felt like a million bucks driving home with it hanging off the front of my truck, with the plow lights sticking way up. Its a nine footer, so I thought for sure that I was going to clip someone. Ones I angled it all the way to the right, I felt a little more secure.

Heres the problem.......................THERE'S NO SNOW!!!!!

I cant wait to use it........ to the point that im going to plow sand down at the beach just to get my jolly's.

I have the plow down at my buddy's house, so Iv been stopping in ones a day to stair at it. Its only shiny and new ones you know?

I even have the brochure in the bathroom so I can look at something when Im sitting there, haha.

Any way.........

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Ahhhh, the plowing season!!!

I cant wait for it either, as Im planning to make lots of 2am phone calls while eating a nice juicy steak at the beach to see how they are all making progress - LOL!!!

On a serious note, have you checked out the sistersite here: Plowsite.com ???

You might wo give 'em a look see if you havent already done so.

Best of Luck to you this winter season, as I plan to watch the weather channel from under the palms with Coronas in hand!!!

3. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Which Fisher MM2 plow did you get. I just bought two Fisher X-Blades 8' & 9' which are awesome.

4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Did you get the new plow at Buckys? Or is there another Fisher dealer around. If you don't mind me asking, how much was it? Sounds like a real nice setup. You folks in Newport seem to get a lot of storms that are a mix of rain and snow. Good luck with it. I wish I had a Fisher.

5. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Before this tread gets remove it from here, let me add that snowplow site is as good as lawnsite, I went there for advice and now I'll be the proud owner of a blizzard, like they say overthere if you use anythig else you're plowing in the past, blizzard is the future snow plow standard.

6. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I have seen the blizzard. They are not bad. Though I have been running Fishers with very good luck.

7. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

the blizzard 810 seem to be a real good one, someday I'll post a full review, after the season if we get snow.

8. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I got the Fisher HD Series. There built for the F250 through F450. I have the F350. I had to get the 9 foot plow because I have duel rear wheals.

I purchased the plow at J.C Madigans. I think there one of the biggest Fisher dealers in New england. I had them install it. It took the day.

The town of Middletown(where I live) uses all Fisher plows for there smaller trucks. I'm good friends with the head mechanic and he highly recommended Fisher. He also knows the Representative for Madigan, so that was a help too.

I think I payed around $3800 installed.

If we get wind driven sleet this year I'm going to scream. Middletown/Newport usually doesn't get much snow. But last year we did.

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I know how you feel man. I am picking up a new 9' Boss for my UD this week. Can't wait till it brings me in some cash! :cool:

10. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

SNOW......:eek: :eek: :eek: Not YET!