1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

I'm ready to get started

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffex, Apr 3, 2005.

1. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

Still cold here in MD lawns are greening up but we need some 70 degree temps to jump start the season. Last year at this time I was already pressure washing too. All my customers are on board for the season . 1/2 of the prices were raised now and 1/2 will be raised in June. People are ready to spend money as soon as it warms up.

2. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Jeff,

I am ready as hell. Bought a used turf tiger and will be leaving the job soon. I need more work too. I will probably see you at 7-11 before long. I think one more week will do it.

3. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

Ya i'm ready too.

Although I like plowing, I'm tired of winter!

4. jeffex

hey Paul! I rented that tiger last year Nice machine. Nice move on that purchase. I may have some to do by the end of the week if it warms up and then next week I'll be runnin' and gunnin' . See you at 7-11 Good Luck with the season.

5. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I started clean up's on thursday buy it look's tomorrow will be a wash. :realmad:

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We started mowing last week. It was a little early but I couldn't wait any longer to try out our new Ferris IS 3000.

7. jeffex

I did a few mulching jobs to get the cash flow going but I want to smell fresh cut grass

8. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm itching too. Picked up a brand new eXmark TTHP 52/19, and while I've run it around in the yard to get a feel for the hydros, I can't wait to see it in action.

9. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive been doing pesticide apps, estimates, and some small mulching jobs over the past two weeks, inbetween raindrops and snow.

I was planning on mowing this week, and guess what, it snowed here all day. Hopefully this is winters last slap in the face. :realmad:

10. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to rub it in but I have been working since March 15