1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

    Dismiss Notice

I'm settling in...

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by The Lighting Geek, Oct 29, 2008.

  1. The Lighting Geek

    The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 886

    I took a good hard look at how these last months as to how business is going and made a decision to contact some very good friends of mine to see if they had a need for me in some fashion. They were going to call me the same day to ask if I had any time...LOL!

    I am working as of Monday as Landscape Manager for a great company. They do not see a problem at all with me still operating The Lighting Geek as jobs come in and I have time. We all feel this is a synergistic relationship since I already was promoting them for tree pruning and biological enhancements with each lighting job. They and I feel both will benefit and help each other through this economic time.

    I am telling you this to demonstrate that you don't necessarily have to give up your lighting to secure income in these times. You might need to think out of the box though. Opportunities are out there, but don't wait until winter is here to make a change if you need to.
  2. TXNSLighting

    TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX
    Messages: 6,464

    Well good to hear you got something going on Tommy, I really started pushing landscaping until lighting gets going again, which has kept me pretty busy.
  3. Lite4

    Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,173

    I got a full time job and am lighting a little bit on the side still. I am interviewing for a very good paying job with a construction company on monday. I guess we will see how that goes. Good to see your keeping busy Tommy.
  4. David Gretzmier

    David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,645

    Glad to hear you are set up with a new company tommy. I hope it goes well.
  5. Mike M

    Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa
    Messages: 1,988

    I'm glad you guys have the guts to be proactive and flexible. I agree that timing is critical. Decisions/actions I make right now may be the difference between keeping my home, credit, and business future.

    I have an interested employer, but not sure how my wife will handle the details. If I have to temporarily move, I am thinking of how to keep my business phone line open from out of state, and if I do go, I will probably hire a competitor to do any warranty/service calls that come up from my established customers.
  6. Mark B

    Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,020

    I made the move about 2 months ago. Glad things are working out for you guy that have made the move as well. I would be hurting really bad if I had not found a job.

    What is up with the color of the forums now?
  7. Mike M

    Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa
    Messages: 1,988

Share This Page