Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
49 Posts
holey christ....i've found a couple other sites online that do the same kind of thing....nothing compares to this tho....i strongly suggest EVERYONE install this.....

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
Most of that is satalite imagery from Russian satelites from years gone by. Declassified data. Google did a better job displaying it than Microsoft (terraserver)

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
SodKing said:
Most of that is satalite imagery from Russian satelites from years gone by. Declassified data. Google did a better job displaying it than Microsoft (terraserver)
I disagree, Zooming in on seattle I can see both Safeco Field and Seahawk stadium.

if it was old russian photos, you'd see the kingdome.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
There is some construction in my town. Based on that, I guess the images to be about 1-2 months old.

Very cool. :cool:

·
Registered
521 Posts
JonHolland said:
I disagree with your disagreement :cool2:

I'm just saying that the photos are probably all within the last 2-3 years or so.

Different areas are from different sources, so I'm sure the dates vary.
That would explain why my moms house isn't on there either. It's over 20 years old.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Most of this is from the old keyhole satellites (old spy satellites) as well as aircraft mapping etc. Keyhole (the company) put it together in software form. This is tech from the 60's and 70's (picture quality). Just think what they are today!!!

·
Banned
7,156 Posts
I was able to see the house I grew up in....not very clearly, the house I currenly own and I can see my old company truck in the drive way...White truck with black bed liner, and I can see my old home in Orlando with a new fence, one I did not install. I had a chainlink and they eis a new white fence in its place, and the qhite fence is visible.

Very neat. If this is declassified, imagine what the gov can see...

I posted a link to Georgetown.....dn't know if it will work...

didn't work..oh well
I showed it to my boss, now he is going ot busy for the next couple hours....

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't think this stuff is from the 60's. My Mom and dad sold their house in Ohio 2 yrs ago and as far as I know they never had a pool...unless they were hiding it from me. But anyway...the house has a pool in the backyard now...

·
Registered
963 Posts
Technology from the 60's - mid 90's, pictures more recent. Keyhole 1 - 11 programs were from late 50's - mid 90's. They have moved on to bigger and better things now with resolutions down to under .05 meters. Most of these were taken with the KH-11 (digital). They are now on the KH -12 and 13. The older programs would actually dump film out that was retrieved on the way to the ground via a parachute.

·
Banned
7,156 Posts
the web site says that the pics are from the last 2-5 years. and some areas are not the best resolution, while others are great. they had to peice together films from different satelites at differnet times...

look down on the grand caynon and then get in close and rotate to the side to get the "depth" way cool....

·
Registered
8 Posts
In my area the pictures were taken in Early October 2004. I know this because I can clearly see the concrete pad for our hot tub that was installed October 15. I built the pad the first week of October. You can also see some trees starting to turn colour. Just thought that was neat that it could be pinned down to a couple weeks time frame.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.